where?
Posted: 28 September 2006 10:58 AM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-09-25

Does anyone know an area where it not to far from a big city but not to far from the beach?

Posted: 28 September 2006 08:27 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

I would suggest looking at the Costa Maresme, which is between Barcelona and the Costa Brava. That’s closer to the beach (less than 5 minutes in most of the towns). Or just live in Barcelona where you’re IN the city but less than 20 minutes from many nice beaches.

Have you looked into that yet?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 29 September 2006 03:00 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2006-09-25
The Expatriator - 28 September 2006 08:27 PM

I would suggest looking at the Costa Maresme, which is between Barcelona and the Costa Brava. That’s closer to the beach (less than 5 minutes in most of the towns). Or just live in Barcelona where you’re IN the city but less than 20 minutes from many nice beaches.

Have you looked into that yet?

I really dont like living in a big city but I would like to work in one.

Posted: 30 September 2006 10:17 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

The towns on the Costa Maresme are all within 45 mins (as little as 10 min) from the center of Barcelona by the excellent train system provided by the Renfe.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 02 November 2006 02:01 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2006-09-04

I would Strongly Reccommend Chiclana de la Frontera, only 15 Minutes from Cadiz, only 1 hour from Seville, 2 and a half hours to Madrid. Plus you are only 15 minutes from some of the best beaches along the whole coast of Spain, not overcrowded, very clean and very very nice!

If you want more info, prrivate msg me and i wil be happy to explain in more detail.

‹‹ entertainment      Biting insects ››