self employed paying uk tax living in spain
Posted: 21 October 2006 08:58 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-10-21

hi all, im shortley hoping to live in spain on a semi retirement basis i currently run a buisness with my brother we are equall partners however over the years i have suffered with health problems,my aim is to move to spain and over a period of years my brother will give me a salary which in effect will be my half of the business. i will continue to pay tax in the uk. will i be taxed again in spain? or can i get some kind of form that says im paying tax in the uk? hope someone out there can help.cheers graham.

Posted: 25 October 2006 01:44 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hey GrainSpain,
Well I think you’re in luck, Spain and the UK have a double taxation treaty. Check out our page on taxes in Spain and run yourself through the financial issues section on here, there’s quite a few posts about that.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.