Can you help me with the location on these short term apartments?
Posted: 16 May 2007 08:17 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2007-05-13

Just this morning I printed off several short term apartments that will be in our price range and accommodate at least 3 people (me, dh and dd). Now I need to find out if they are in good locations. We would really like to be able to walk to most things that we will need, like stores, etc.

Can you help me?

Here are the descriptions as to the location.

1. Located just off the city’s emblematic Gran Via, to the north side of the fashionable and lively district of Chueca.

2. Next to Parque del Oeste, Pintor Rosales and the Templo do Debod

3. Heart of Austrian Madrid. Also the Royal Palace and the Basilica of San Andres are within easy reach.

4. Charming neighborhood close to Madrid’s Retiro Park

5. Madrid’s Barrio de las Letras

6. central Madrid only a short walk away from such well-known locations as Rosales Park, Plaza de Espana, the Royal Opera Theatre and the Royal Palace.

7. Residential area at the north end of Madrid’s Paseo de la Castellana

8. Northern edge of the barrio of Salamanca.

I sure do appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!!

Posted: 17 May 2007 05:29 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hey there,

Not sure if anyone would be able to (or have time to) go through all eight of the above to say where that is, what it’s like etc. You’ll have to get a map, or use google’s maps to figure it out a bit better. Finding a good site about Madrid in general would probably help you too.

Check this bit about the best place to live in Madrid however, which might also help guide you along. A big part of this process is just getting to Madrid and hitting the streets to see these places in person… tough to say otherwise.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.