ADSL Deals, My Spanish not good enough yet
Posted: 25 July 2006 03:04 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-07-25

Hi There,

I am new to this forum and just thought I could see if anyone can help me with selecting an ADSL service.

I have just bought a place in Competa, Andalucia and the telephone line is installed (Telefonica). So I need to order my broadband service from here in the UK where I still live.

I will probably go with Telefonica. I need a package which is not metered to monthly download limits.  I have been on telefonica.es and can work out certain words but I am not good enough to translate the details of the packages. I am quite surprised that with so many british non-spanish speaking people in spain they havent produced an english translation of their site. Anyway, if anyone can help re. the current offers so I can try and place an order I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Salut!
Steve

EDIT> I should have added I dont need installation or a modem, just the service. I am website designer and can do the setup and have a wireless router etc.  Thanks.

Posted: 25 July 2006 03:15 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hey Thudu, welcome to the forum.

Check around the forum, there’s a bunch of ongoing discussions to this end. Check out the Telefonica Rage forum especially.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 25 July 2006 03:27 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-07-25

Hi, thanks for the tip off. I have just read all the threads in the Rage forum. I need to go with Telefonica, because the line is for business and i need to maximise the uptime potential!  Unfortunately, there is really no mention of the current deals on the threads, more general comments and rantings about Telefonica.

Thanks
Steve

Posted: 25 July 2006 03:42 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Did you see the notes about Comunitel?

There are also telefonicainenglish.com and 34t.com who offer Telefonica’s services but in English btw.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 26 July 2006 11:36 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-07-25

Thanks. Like I said though I want to go with Telefonica, and telefonicainenglish I wouldnt touch with a bargepole.

I am using Googles translator to try and work out what their packages are offering, I need unlimited thats it. Is it the duo package?

Btw, I think your Internet in Spain section is quite out of date?

Steve