Pregunta, cuanto ganan los programadores/web de informatica con siete anos de experiencia?
Posted: 06 March 2007 05:38 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-02-27

Saludos a todos,

Gracias por este sitio, lo encuentro muy informativo. Una pregunta para alguna alma dadibosa…

Pero antes me gustaria presentarles mi situacion, tengo siete anos de experiencia en programacion

de web. Me especializo en ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET versiones 1.1 y 2.0 con databases SQL 2005/2000.

Me gustaria saber si alguien tiene idea cuanto puedo ganar de sueldo?

Tambien, si alguien tiene la manera de contactar ha alguien que tenga informacion relacionada con trabajos.

De ante mano, me gustaria darles las gracias..

Fernando

Posted: 06 March 2007 09:52 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hey Fernando,

Obviously you read English… 😉

I think the biggest question is WHERE you’d like to work. If you have 7 years experience then why are you asking us how much you’ve made over the last 7 years? 😊

Where are you right now?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 06 March 2007 09:29 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-02-27

Thank you for your response,

I’m overseas, so it is a good guess on your part. I live and work in Dallas, Texas. My intentions in inquiring wages in Spain is to see if it is possibe for me to spend a couple of years in Madrid. It is my understanding that Madrid is where the action is as far as jobs is concerned.

From surfing the internet, I am found out that wages are very low in comparison, and that the cost of living is much higher than that of Dallas. I am not sure the figures I saw are realistic or if they are for entry level positions. I saw a range between 18,000 - 30,000 Euros.

My intentions in moving to Spain is to teach my children Castellano in Spain.

I look forward to your response.

Muchisimas gracias.

Posted: 06 March 2007 10:39 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Fernando,

Yeah, you’re probably right that you won’t make as much as in the US. I think closer to 30k is more accurate for that kind of job. If you get in with, for example, Google or Yahoo (whose head offices for Spain are in Madrid), I’m sure the salaries would be much higher. The cost of living is, actually, quite a bit lower than most cities in the US. I would say it’s about 1/2 to 2/3 of what San Francisco costs, but if you’re outside of Madrid/Barcelona then the cost of living drops dramatically.

Barcelona is becoming the techno-centre of Spain (IMHO) however, so take another look through some of the job sites in Spain.

Let us know how it goes!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.