Non-Eu - Work visa: what are the best options?
Posted: 30 April 2007 01:49 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-04-30

Hello there,
I am from Singapore currently working in London at a reputable advertising agency as a designer. I think I have quite a strong expertise in what I do. Currently I am holding Highly skilled migrant visa which expires end of next year however I would like to know if this uk visa entitles me to work in Spain as well because in my passport I have stamped for residency in the UK. (not permanent resident though) Otherwise, I can come to Spain as a visitor for 90 days.
To gain work permit in Spain, I need to have legal documents of where I come from such as proof from the police, health etc. Do I need to go back to Singapore to get all that done or can I do it in the uk? I have been living in the Uk for 5 years now.
I heard that I can still work in Spain when I arrive with a holiday work visa, I am not sure. Maybe I’m mistaken. Please advise.
Can someone also recommend me a English-Spanish lawyer or some consultancy agency in London or somewhere, where I can go and consult them personally?
Can someone also recommend me which site I can go to for renting a flat in Barcelona? And also for Media and design, is there a website where I can get jobs or company details from?
Thank you very much.

Posted: 01 May 2007 04:13 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Kaeticia, there’s a lot of the answers to your questions on the info side of this site. Click on the Home link above to find our list of articles.

If you need some more specific guidance just let me know.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 06 May 2007 07:18 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-01-23

my boyfriend and I have also spent a few years in London and were wondering if we could transfer our work permits somehow, since we were in an EU country. We had heard this might be an option, however nowhere have I found information that would indicate that is possible. So we are trying to get jobs which will sponsor us-its not easy!!! (Even with a lot of experience.)
Good luck though and if you find out it is possible we would love to know!!