student visa vs. working visa vs. no visa! help!
Posted: 08 May 2007 07:53 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-05-08

hello!
I’m a US citizen and have been studying in Australia for the past two years.  As my visa here is ending in March, I am trying to plan my move to Spain to enrol in a short Spanish language course (12 week intensive course), and then work (hopefully for atleast a year or two).  From what I’ve read on this website, obtaining a working visa seems almost impossible, so I guess a student visa would be easier?  Because I’m so far away from the states, I was wondering if I had to travel all the way back to the states to get my student visa or if I could just apply from Australia by mail?  Also, since I can get into the country on a tourist visa for ninety days, and in that time take the course and find a job etc, is it worth even bothering getting any kind of proper visa in the first place? this all seems hopelessley confusing!
....and i thought american bureaucracy was bad….

would really appreciate any advice!
cheers!
jesseve

Posted: 08 May 2007 08:58 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Jesseve, check out the discussion about different visa options here which might give you some ideas.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 13 May 2007 07:42 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-05-08

Hello Expatriator
Thanks for the link-it really helped.
I was just wondering if you knew if I would be able to apply for a student visa without returning back to the United States (if possible to just do it by mail?).
cheers!