Spanish Residential Visa!!
Posted: 23 April 2007 01:24 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-04-23

Hello Everyone!!

I need help regarding the Spanish Residential Visa!!

A friend of mine from India has married to my Spanish Friend.. The ceremony took place in India and they have registered the marriage with Indian Government…

What are the requirements that the Indian Spouse would get a residential visa so that she can live with her Spanish Spouse in Spain?

Additionally, the Spanish Spouse is suffering from Brain Tumour and he needs his spouse to be with him when he’s undergoing treatment..

Fortunately the Indian Spouse is a Doctor, professionally.. and she’d be the best person to be with him - as a Wife and a Doctor too!!

I’d really appreciate your help to get/suggest them thru this transition easily!!

Thanks in Advance!
Nitin K

Posted: 24 April 2007 05:11 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2006-12-12

Contact http://www.spain-usa.net so they do all your paper work, the guy is expensive but reliable.

Posted: 26 April 2007 05:35 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-04-26

Better go to http://www.spain-visa.org It is free and is the same guy!

Posted: 28 April 2007 09:46 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Armando and John,

You’ll note that the question asked by Nitin was quite specific. Your links are probably not nearly as helpful as they could’ve been with a bit of information or background about how to find the correct information on those pages.

By the way, both of those pages, spain-usa and spain-visa are not very clear or informative, although spain-visa.org has some decent info in their Immigration section.

Nitin: try looking at our visas for Spain page and take a look at the visa de reagrupacion which is for family regrouping and is, more or less, the catch-all for spouses and children of Spanish citizens.

Hope that helps a little more.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 23 May 2007 01:57 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-03-06

I am married with EU citizen not as a spanish citizen but What i did that I applied for tourist visa for 3 months.. We were not sure how long we were going to stay here…so when we decided to stay here longer applied for recidence visa…in your case it must be easer becouse she is married with a Spanish citizen..We got ‘apostille’ for the marriege licence…But I know that (i searched alot about that) Spanish consulate gives a marriege book even you are married in other country…