Telefonica + Nintendo DS wifi
Posted: 07 July 2007 12:34 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-07-07

I have a wireless Telefonica router box, which provides my internet, however i cannot seem to get the Nintendo DS wifi working (online play), which I really want! I have a PC, and I am not sure how to se up the DS so it can connect to our wireless internet point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted: 07 July 2007 01:14 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

have you tried reseting the wifi router? Turn it off for one minute then plug it back in and try connecting your ds again.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 08 July 2007 01:25 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-07-07

Thanks, but that doesn’t work..had to reset it a few times anyway and it doesn’t do anything.

Posted: 08 July 2007 02:40 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Is there a WEP key or password that your other computer requires to access the net? Have you had any luck connecting your DS to wifi before?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 08 July 2007 10:55 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2007-07-04

I would have thought, speaking as a novice, that the first thing that you need to establish is whether the router is providing a DHCP service or if you need to configure the DS with a fixed IP.

If your PC is already using the wireless router, then the configuration of the PC should provide the information that you need.

Signature 

Posted: 08 July 2007 12:36 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-07-07

We have no passwords for our internet, no WEP key or any other kind. I have tried using the PC configuartion but it gives me an error.
I’ll try it now and see what error it gives.