citizenship query
Posted: 07 September 2006 12:39 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-08-23

I am a US citizen married to a UK citizen who might be getting a job in Madrid.  Moving there will interrupt my 3 year (virtually) continuous residence for UK citizenship so we were wondering what would be required for me to get Spanish citizenship.  Can someone point me to the proper place to begin research?

Posted: 07 September 2006 08:20 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Agileflower,

It sounds like you will need to have your partner apply for a reagrupaci?n familiar (family regrouping), which is a visa that allows for people who have the right to be in Spain to bring their immediate family with them (or grant them permission to live in Spain with them).

There was a similar question and answer posted here about residency for a similar situation.

Hope that helps for now. Also see the rather long blurb on a residence visa to reunite a family.

Hope that helps!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.