On then Off!
Posted: 10 July 2007 02:28 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-07-10

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a telephone line and 3Meg ADSL from Telefonica. Last week (3/7) an engineer came and installed everything and things were great. For about an hour. Then the woman in the apartment across from us knocked on our door saying that the engineer had disconnected her line while installing ours. She had a man with her who she said was an engineer (how the hell she got an engineer out so quickly I do not know) and that he was going to fix the problem. Well he fixed her problem but left us disconnected and that is how we have been since.

Numerous calls to 1004, in English and Spanish, have resulted in nothing but promises that an engineer will be sent out soon. Of course they can’t give a date or time, they can only take a contact number.

I’m sick of calling 1004 and repeating the same details over and over again to people who I’m sure aren’t even taking them down. I thought moving from the UK to Spain would be less stressful and better for my health but dealing with Telefonica has made me feel miserable and ill.

Having read many posts on here I realise that there is very little I can do except wait and wait some more but this experience is certainly tainting my view of Spanish living.

Posted: 12 July 2007 12:26 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-07-10

Well after several more calls to 1004 I am no nearer to having a working telephone line. I simply cannot believe that any company in this day and age could possibly have such terrible customer service. I lived in South Africa for 5 years and never experienced any problems with services. If a developing country like that can manage then Spain should be ashamed.

I will give Telefonica until Monday and then my next call to 1004 will be to cancel.

Sorry for ranting but I am just so frustrated.

Posted: 12 July 2007 02:33 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-07-12

Hi all you Telefonica sufferers out there! I have the same problem. I have complained 10 times in the last 2 weeks to 1004 and to the techhnical dept 902 357 0000 who listen and then put the phone down. I thought I mmight find success via emailing them and indeed I got a response saying they had opened an incident report to monitor and investigate my adsl problems. Since then it has got worse culminating in yesterday’s outtage from 9am to 11:30pm! As for Telefonicainenglish - what a joke website that is! There is nothing there that they do for you except tell you to call 1004, and we all know what a waste of time that is? :cheese:

Posted: 12 July 2007 09:43 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05
Kashmir - 12 July 2007 12:26 PM

I will give Telefonica until Monday and then my next call to 1004 will be to cancel.

It’s what we’re here for my friend 😊

Now take a couple deep breaths…

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 13 July 2007 06:36 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-07-10
The Expatriator - 12 July 2007 09:43 PM
Kashmir - 12 July 2007 12:26 PM

It’s what we’re here for my friend 😊

Now take a couple deep breaths…

😊

Well, I received an email from Telefonica today but they just wanted me to send details I’ve already sent previously. :(

I really don’t understand how they have managed to become such a big company in so many countries given that their customer service is none existant. And to add icing to the cake the boiler’s pressure relief valve decided to pack in today!

Where are my pills? 😉

Posted: 19 July 2007 06:18 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2007-05-16

so is it ok now?

i also already hate telefonica and the engineer didn’t even came to install the stuffed I ordered 3 weeks ago yet!!

Posted: 19 July 2007 10:15 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-07-10

Nope, nada. Sorry to hear that you’re in the same boat. All I get when I call 1004 now is, “I’ll pass your request on to our Technical Department and they’ll be in touch.”. My girlfriend even got her Spanish boss to call and tell them that we needed the phone urgently as she is “on call” and he needs to get in touch with her at a moments notice. They told him an engineer would come out on Tuesday morning. I waited in all day but no one showed.

It really is quite disgraceful and it’s about time Telefonica’s monopoly was ended. What’s needed is some competition because if there was anyone else, even if they charged twice as much, I’d use them straightaway.

On a brighter note, I did manage to fix my boiler 😊

Posted: 23 July 2007 12:03 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2007-05-16

there is also an online customer “help"mail. They told me it takes 20 days as MOST to fix an internet line(i ordered the Trio package)

Posted: 23 July 2007 12:20 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-07-10
wendone - 23 July 2007 12:03 PM

there is also an online customer “help"mail. They told me it takes 20 days as MOST to fix an internet line(i ordered the Trio package)

I’ve tried the online “help” mail several times. The message just bounces back as undeliverable for “policy” reasons!

I told the last person I spoke to that I wanted to cancel the service, later that day I received an email saying that they would pass the details of my fault to their technical department. I get the feeling that nobody is listening.

Anyway, as far as I’m concerned I have cancelled the service.

Hope your problem is resolved soon.