Aut?nomo Advice
Posted: 07 August 2007 09:45 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-08-07

This is a first-time post from a serious fan of this site!
I have received a job offer from a notable Alicante architect who prefers that I register as aut?nomo to join his ranks.  I’m back in the US where I have submitted my paperwork for a work visa along with my EX01 and info to start my ‘cuenta propia’ to my local consulate.  Thanks in-part to this wonderful site, all of the paperwork was in order and ready to go.  The incredibly helpful woman at the consulate mentioned that we might want to embellish our ‘proyecto de establecimiento’ which is the required description of my business model.  I had answered the itemized questions from the ministerio website (anticipated initial investment, expected earnings, regular operating costs, etc.), but since I am registering aut?nomo as an independent contractor and not as a small-business owner many of these conditions do not apply to me.  The woman at the consulate suggested that I just make stuff up or pretend I am opening a small business, as she thought my ‘proyecto’ a little thinner than is usually accepted.
My question is: what has worked for those who already have completed the aut?nomo-cuenta propia process?  Could someone post an example of their ‘proyecto’ that successfully passed through the spanish bureaucracy?  I just would like to see what other research could be done, or how other independent contractors (translators, teachers, etc.) have described their situation.
Thanks a million!

Posted: 07 August 2007 10:00 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

The Cheat did it. He’s a motorcycle designer. Others I’ve known have done web design and others still are writers.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.