N.I.E numbers obtainable prior to moving ?
Posted: 19 September 2006 11:24 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-07-20

we are coming back to spain in december to buy business premises ,then moving there in march . is it possible to obtain n.i.e number before moving permenantly ,ie on our december visit ?

Posted: 20 September 2006 07:44 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Jugs,
Yep, you can get your NIE ahead of time by applying at your embassy at home or when you’re here the first time. You’ll need an NIE before you can buy a business anyway.

See our article on NIEs and ID numbers too.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 24 September 2006 06:45 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2006-08-24

Also: your lawyer or any person can apply with a power of attorney granted by you.

Signature 

Mar?a L. de Castro
Lawyer
http://www.costaluzlawyers.es
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 01 October 2006 02:00 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-10-01

Hi thank you for this section
well im now in spain and i get a NIE number from the police with one letter certificate this NIE   well does this document alow me to work and live in spain while im still waiting now 3 month for second letter to get resisdent card * as the police told me that i have to wait for 2 letter *

also can i travel out of spain and come back and is that document with NIE alow me to enter spain without visa  

thank you

Posted: 04 October 2006 07:29 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Where are you from? EU country or no? If you’re from outside the EU then no, the NIE is not a work visa or a visa of any kind, just a tax and governmental ID.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.