what do i need for visa for partner
Posted: 24 August 2006 09:09 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-08-24

Hello everyone my name is Paro

my problems are what do i need to get a visa for my partner i used to live in holland
but i moved to barcelona in april i registered there and i have got also my nie- number.

what/wich paper do i need more so that me and my (and 1 son 9 months old ) partner
can live together my partner lives in Pakistan and i am residence now from barcelona be4
Holland born in holland.

i hope some one now what i do more or some one can help me

desparte mother /wife

Posted: 26 August 2006 03:00 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2006-08-24

If you have your spanish residency, you would need to apply for a ” reagrupacion familiar”. You need to apply for it before your partner is actually here and you will have to prove your civil union somehow.

Signature 

Mar?a L. de Castro
Lawyer
http://www.costaluzlawyers.es
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 26 August 2006 08:40 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-08-24

Hello Maria,

Thanx for replying
So what i need to do is to get a reagrupacion familiar? firstafull what is this where do i get this
and what more do i have to do i see you r a lawyer wich place u r a lawyer i hope u can help me
cause i have lost power in the rules of europe (holland).

can you tell me more what i need i am registered and me have my nie number i heard that i have
to apply for residence card is that necessry cause i have registered myself i barcelona and i have
ducth passport.

thanx

still a desparate mother and wife

married for almost 3 years

Posted: 26 August 2006 12:53 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2006-08-24

You have to apply for Family Regrouping before the Foreigners Department in Barcelona. Regrouping is a right that law allows for foreigners who live in Spain.
It can be applied for if the foreigner has been living in Spain for a year and such foreigner has an authorization to stay for at least another year.
Regrouping is admitted for spouse, children, included adopted children, as well as for the regrouper?s ancestors or his/her spouse’s ancestors, if the latter are under his/her charge. Regrouping is also admitted for under-aged or handicapped children if the foreigner is their legal representative.
For regrouping to take place, the regrouper must prove that he/she has adequate housing and sufficient income to support a family.

FOr european residency, you can visit: http://www.costaluzlawyers.es/eng/?p=26

I am based in Algeciras (Cadiz)

Signature 

Mar?a L. de Castro
Lawyer
http://www.costaluzlawyers.es
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 29 September 2006 03:54 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-08-24

I was last week in Spain and i to get my residence card well i felt it was strange b ut i got an appointment 4 next year january sececond week can i appply for the visa 4 my hubby and how about that i can get him there with a tourist visa i also have to tell you my marriage is registered in Holland pls pls help me i lost in the last year my job my everything and if i lose this visa stuff also i dont know what to do maybe i need a lwayer but i know i can’t afford it

this is my only solution that if ppl gone the same sitioutin i mean if they are also apllying what did they do what you need wich papers…..?

Posted: 01 October 2006 04:54 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-08-24

does nobody now about how long i have to wait can i applly in the main time till i get my resicence card cause i have apply for the card i got a paper wher it say that i am applying 4 it but can i also apply for my husband that he gets a visa pls pls i need desparte answer if some1 know what can i doo

Posted: 05 October 2006 05:10 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2006-08-24

Nobodyy

nobody can help me or doen nobody know if i can apply or not

pls pls help me

Posted: 05 October 2006 05:29 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Paro.

I think the problem is that you’re not being very clear! I think Maria answered most of your questions, at least the important ones. If you’re wondering how long it will be for a residence or visa to get processed, then you might know by reading this site that these bureaurocratic processes can take a long time in Spain and nobody here is going to be able to give you an answer.

If you’re going to beg for help, please be clear with what you’re looking for. Particularly that means writing better English by using punctuation.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.