1004 options
Posted: 31 August 2006 03:31 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-08-31

Hi can someone help me I have taken my phone back to telefonica and they have given me a bit of paper with a number on it and i was told to ring 1004 to finalise the transaction,only problem is i dont understand spanish so when the operator gives me the options to press i dont know what to do, i hang on hoping that someone will come but i just get disconected.

please help!!!!

Posted: 31 August 2006 08:30 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

You can dial 1004 on a telefonica telephone and get help in English - you have to shout at the computer English, serveral times, but you will get someone to speak to in Enlgish. If you don?t speak to the computer, it cuts you off, so shout at it - English.

from this post

So shout “English!” the next time… UKTV says it works!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 28 October 2006 07:04 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-10-28
dave57 - 31 August 2006 03:31 PM

Hi can someone help me I have taken my phone back to telefonica and they have given me a bit of paper with a number on it and i was told to ring 1004 to finalise the transaction,only problem is i dont understand spanish so when the operator gives me the options to press i dont know what to do, i hang on hoping that someone will come but i just get disconected.

please help!!!!

Hello forum,
I have a bit of advice for you concerning Telefonica and the 1004 and this works honest!

When you have dialled 1004 the answer machine gives you the options for the number of the service you want and then its silent waiting for you to speak “DONT”. 

Then the answer machine goes into the second options messege and then stops, at this point say “ENGLISH” nothing else, you
will then be transfered to an English speaking operator.

I found that the best time to do this is after 14:00 hrs as that is the time when the English speakers come into work.  I hope this is a lot better than SHOUTING down the phone like an idot. 

Good Luck with your next call to 1004.

David SR

Signature 

I will go to heven when I die, as I have been to hell on earth.

www.vinalopotrader.co.nr  ews and information for British Expats living in Spain.