residency permit or Spanish citizenship if we are NOT living in Spain.
Posted: 01 November 2006 05:31 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-10-31

I got married to a Spanish citizen in Spain and we are living in my home country which is Turkey. We have the Libro de Famila and I have my marriage approved to the Turkish comsulate in Madrid and have it registered here in Turkey also. We do travel quite often to Spain like once every 2 or 3 months and its a pain to get a visa every time. Is there any way I can apply for Spanish citizenship or residency permit even though I’m not actually living there. If necessary I can spend a couple of weeks in Spain to sort out paper work. Or is there an easy way out. The family regrouping visa is only for people who are traveling there for the first time and who has intention to stay there afterwards. This is usually very limited like for up to 3 months and single entry which they think is enough time for you to apply for residency there. Its really frustrating to ask for visa again and again every time.

Just to give an example we were planing to go for Christmas and applied for visa in august and they gave 2 entry only visa until 20 December 2006. You all well know Christmas is 25 December (in Catalunya at least) So I decided to apply for another visa and they are not giving me visa until first one is expired and told me to apply on 21 December which is Thursday. I very doubt they can give me back the passport on 22 December Friday with visa. If they delay it to 25 Monday then what? Probably they will be closed by 25th also.

So my question can I get Spanish nationality (in the long run) or residency permit even though we are NOT living in Spain. What should I apply for these. Or is there any way for longer visas like yearly and multi entry etc.

Posted: 11 November 2006 09:21 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Sounds like you should be talking to an immigration lawyer. See if you can talk to mariadecastro, one of the members on this site.

I believe you’ll need to show proof of spending more than 6 months a year here in Spain to qualify as “living” here…

Hope that helps.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.