1 of 2
Costa Blanca Broadband Suppliers
Posted: 07 February 2007 11:56 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-02-07

Hi,

Friends and ourselves live on the Costa Blanca, (various locations from Benidorm to Oliva). We do not have landlines and probably never will, even though none of the properties are remote. Can anyone recommend a good Wireless Broadband ISP in this area please. Thanks

Posted: 14 April 2007 06:34 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2007-04-14

http://www.pshbroadband.com

paul

Posted: 14 April 2007 08:46 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Paul, how is PSH going from the Costa del Sol to the Costa Blanca already? I didn’t notice that they offered wireless either…

Can you confirm?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 14 April 2007 09:49 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-04-14

Sorry i posted that in a hurry…... not very clear is it ! i was really just trying to put across that the option of 3G broadband(no telephone line required) is out there. they would need to find someone local who could install it or d.i.y.

you also say “I didn?t notice that they offered wireless either? “

Not sure what you mean!!!...... 3G broadband is widely available throughout Spain and is very wireless as it will work anywhere your mobile phone will.

Paul

Posted: 15 April 2007 12:04 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-02-25

What speeds are available on 3G and are there any unlimited offerings? Thanks.

Posted: 15 April 2007 01:33 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-04-14

well that depends on your area…................

2G 56kbs(dail up)

3G 384kbs (good for web browsing, emails, skype but not really for downloading music etc)

3.5G 1.5mbs (most well populated areas are now covered and is tipped to be very much the future of broadband)

As for unlimited….. Yes! You will need to go to a contract though. the price around 60e a month but you will get all your equipment free If your happy to set it up yourself.

Paul

Posted: 15 April 2007 08:33 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Paul,

Please contact Paul Horrocks:

Telephone:- 666114659 if your in Spain

Telephone:- 07774603848 if your in the U.K

E-mail:- .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

This probably should’ve been posted in the business services section but I’ll allow it for now.

I still don’t get it though, is it 3G technology? What is it? It doesn’t say what kind of “broadband” it is on the website?

How is it different than Vodafone’s 2, 3, 3.5G service for example?

How can a small company like PSH be a 3G provider without renting someone else’s lines?

(At least the service is in English! 😊 )

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 16 April 2007 12:11 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-04-14

Hello again

I am not and dont claim to be an ISP!

All my small business is doing is offering 3G technology as a home setup service in the Espetona area of the Costa Del Sol.

Arriving at your property with the hardware and setting up the software required on your computer along with full English instructions on how to top your broadband up on the pay as you go system thats now available in Spain. Leaving you with broadband up and running. The same way you might get a local satellite installer to install sky for you!

You end up paying a bit more to have it all setup than doing it yourself but less hassle.

My business is only 2 weeks old and so far have had a lot of interest.

The reason my site doesn’t mention 2G, 3G or 3.5 (hsdpa) is because i feel people who just what the internet don’t want to be confused with technical terms. My site and business tries to keep things as uncompleted as possible.

My posting was only trying to help the people out at the top of this thread, i can do nothing else to help them as I’m in the Costa Del Sol.  I am sorry i posted my reply in the wrong section.

Paul

Posted: 14 June 2009 12:00 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-06-10

I am looking on Vodophone but can not see were they offer an unlimted 3g mobile broadband package with fixed monthly rental.
I am hoping to move to Albir or Altea on long term rental, My wife is going next week from 22/06/09 to survey rentals many suitable rentals but no broadband.
If I know that it is possible to get this type of system then rental hunting will be far easier.

Posted: 07 May 2010 09:50 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-05-07

Just as a warning. My wife upgraded to a Blackberry with Vodafone which included email etc using (I thnk 3G). She was told it’d cost an extra E 5 a month. In fact we then found her bill was coming in at a extra (circa) E 300 per month for data use. Maybe I’m confusing two separate issues, if so I’m sorry, but I think it’s relevant to the post.

So much so that we gave up with vodafone and email etc and just gone with a wifi internet (not that great) and payasyougo mobile.

My point is that our experience in Spain is that the Vodafone charges are not stated properly in the vodafone shops and tryinmg to argue in another language is (for us) simply not worth the effort.

Good luck

Posted: 08 June 2010 10:31 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-06-08
paul horrocks - 16 April 2007 12:11 AM

Hello again

I am not and dont claim to be an ISP!

All my small business is doing is offering 3G technology as a home setup service in the Espetona area of the Costa Del Sol.

Arriving at your property with the hardware and setting up the software required on your computer along with full English instructions on how to top your broadband up on the pay as you go system thats now available in Spain. Leaving you with broadband up and running. The same way you might get a local satellite installer to install sky for you!

You end up paying a bit more to have it all setup than doing it yourself but less hassle.

My business is only 2 weeks old and so far have had a lot of interest.

The reason my site doesn’t mention 2G, 3G or 3.5 (hsdpa) is because i feel people who just what the internet don’t want to be confused with technical terms. My site and business tries to keep things as uncompleted as possible.

My posting was only trying to help the people out at the top of this thread, i can do nothing else to help them as I’m in the Costa Del Sol.  I am sorry i posted my reply in the wrong section.

Paul

Hi Paul,
I know this post is 3 years old but it is all I can find on the internet. I am planning to move to Spain within the next year to the Costa Dorada region, somewhere between Tarragona and Amposta, that area and maybe up to 30 minutes car ride inland.
Is there broadband in the area as I run a web design company and I.T. consultancy and I want to do this from Spain when we move. I also own a 40% share in a WISP (Wireless Internet Service Provider) company in Ireland, where I live currently, and may look into setting up a WISP in Spain if there is a requirement and I can get backhaul bandwidth. I would also be interested in finding someone with local knowledge who may look at getting involved. I have 15 years experience in networks and I.T.
Would be great to hear back from Paul or anyone interested in this post.
Jay
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Signature 

Desperate to get out of the rain in Ireland and move to Spain!

Posted: 30 May 2011 07:58 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-06-08

HI All,
If the 3G (USB dongle) from mobile phone companies broadband is anything like the setup by O2, Vodafone or 3, who got the National Broadband Scheme, in Ireland don’t hold your breath. Some areas OK, most very poor.
Works some times and not others and speeds slow.
Is there much call for Broadband in Spain south of Tarragona, as I would love to move to sunny weather as always rain here in Ireland. I would love to set up a WISP, Wireless Internet Servoce Provider in that area. I have already set 2 of these up in Ireland an both verry reliable up to 5Mb droadband. se http://www.celticbroadband.ie for example, my current company.
I would also be interested setting up a pay as you go service for low users or for boats in harbours etc.
If anyone interested get in touch.
Thanks
Jay Perry

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Signature 

Posted: 01 October 2011 07:36 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2011-10-01

(http://avanzatel.es)

Posted: 01 October 2011 11:15 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-06-08
nightshadow - 01 October 2011 07:36 PM

cyberfiwifi.com

Hi,
Looked at the site and can not see your contact info.
Would be great to talk to you about internet in Spain…..though my plans to move are delayed due to house not selling in Ireland.
If you require any assistance with the Ubiquity radios or MikroTik let me know as I have over 10 years WISP experience.
The UBNT stuff is good but needs to be set up in a strange way to get best throughput etc. We have links of 45Km pushing constant speeds of 40Mb with the Rocket 5M from UBNT!
Would be great to hear from you give me a shout.

Jay

Signature 

Posted: 02 October 2011 01:22 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2010-06-08

Hi,
Tooway is OK for small users been around years. They are a company with many re-sellers like yourselves. I have installed this often and voip is patchy at best due to lag, the distance the signal has to travel to satellite and back to earth gives long ping times. However I know they are working on 3rd generation satellite etc. but still have thousands of kilometers to travel. Also tooway very expensive for regular web users. I agree speed for download not bad but monthly allowance very low 4GB on ^Mb package or 8GB on 8Mb package. This is great for occasional browsers and email users but no use for gamers,(ping time kills this too), youtube fans or video streaming, downloading music or movies etc.
Also install cost high for equipment etc.
Ireland where I live is mountains and hills all over and worse allot of trees etc, but wireless still gets to most customers in each area covered. I admit thick trees or a high building in the line of the access point and we cannot install, but that is rare if you have a 3 point coverage. I still find WISP the best alternative to all other systems other than cable and ADSL. However we ofter replace ADSL as lower cost if you don’t need the phone line as no line rental etc.
Hope this helps guys find a solution out there!

Jay

PS. I have coverage maps worked out for Gran Alacant and it is far easier to cover than Ireland as hills inland dropping to lower land towards the coast! Looks good I’m coming over in the next few months to take a look and asses if there is a need for a WISP in the area. Looking to set up WiMax or AirMax, with speeds up to 10Mb.

Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2011 04:44 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2011-10-01
nw8lon - 07 February 2007 11:56 AM

Hi,

Friends and ourselves live on the Costa Blanca, (various locations from Benidorm to Oliva). We do not have landlines and probably never will, even though none of the properties are remote. Can anyone recommend a good Wireless Broadband ISP in this area please. Thanks

We are one of the best alternative wireless & fibre internet provider companies, providing an internet service where other companies are unable to reach.
At the moment we cover surrounding areas of Spain. CostaBlanca, Cultivadora, Alfas del pi, La Nucia, Altea, Calpe, Albir and Benidorm.

(http://avanzatel.es)

1 2 > 
1 of 2