Need fast and reliable internet connection
Posted: 03 August 2006 10:34 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-08-03

Hi there,
My wife and I are going to be moving to Madrid from New York in a couple of months.  We both work exclusively online and need to set up a home network that will allow for multiple computers connected and multiple voice over IP lines and even video conferencing.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to begin?  My biggest concern / question is once I decide I want a high-speed DSL or T1, how long will it take to get it set up?  If it will take a while, we need to get the process rolling now as we’ll need to be online from Day 1 once we arrive.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Posted: 03 August 2006 03:28 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi MovingtoMadrid,

Check out the following posts and information which should give you a much better idea where to start.

Looking for a Profesional Quality Internet Connection

Connectivity

And most of all: Internet in Spain

If those don’t help you (and it would appear you’ve read the Telefonica Rage threads as you originally posted your message there instead of the technology forum) then tell us what you’re missing 😉.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.