Demand for private tutors?
Posted: 28 September 2009 05:08 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-09-28

Hi, I’ve tried posting on a lot of internet sites (including this one) and have contacted a number of language schools in Valencia, but I just don’t seem to be getting much response. I’ve always found work easily in other countries and am very highly qualified and experienced with great references - I just can’t seem to get off the ground with this. Has anyone else had an experience like this and can suggest if I’m missing out on a good place to advertise (e.g. a tutoring agency who I pay commision to in exchange for advertising and vetting procedures like private-tutors.co.uk does)?

I assumed that one effect of the economic issues would be people taking children out of private schools and into state schools, then boosting their education with private tuition. But maybe I’m wrong, at least in Valencia.

Posted: 28 September 2009 11:30 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

I’d suggest that this type of business is going to be a referral-based business. Therefore you should be really focusing on networking, get yourself out there and meet people.

How’s your Spanish? This is kind of key…

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 08 November 2009 11:15 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2009-10-04

try tusclasesparticulares.com   this is where I find my students.

Posted: 21 July 2011 07:49 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-07-13

I found the above website to be a really helpful one for freelancing ESL teachers ! Thanks for posting this!