Will a Spanish TV “read” my External Hard Drive?
Posted: 30 April 2012 04:31 AM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2012-04-23

Hello all,

I am downloading all my DVD’s to an external hard-drive.  My question is, will the TV I buy in Spain be compatible with the hard-drive?

Thank you for your time.

Mike Rutledge

Posted: 30 April 2012 04:55 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

So you’re saying you’ll hook up the harddrive to the TV via USB?

USB harddrives are the same everywhere, what’s different is the electricity supply. You’ll need to get an adapter or perhaps a new supply cable at an electronics store. You might be able to get away with a USB harddrive that draws from the device it’s plugged into.

Also know that the electrical current in Spain has a habit of fluctuating in a way that can damage electronics with cheap power supplies.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 30 April 2012 07:10 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2012-04-23

Thanks for the reply.  I have the power converters that I need so with the USB connection everything should be okay…fingers crossed! 

Thanks again!

Mike