File S1 Form for Pensioner Healthcare

You may be entitled to state healthcare paid for by the UK if you’re a Spanish resident and receive a UK State Pension.

The S1 form will allow you, as a UK pensioner who is resident in Spain, to continue to receive UK national healthcare services if you visit the UK, as would any other UK resident. This includes primary care, emergency treatment and hospital care that is provided by the NHS. 

S1 holders will need to obtain a new UK-issued EHIC to travel around Europe from 1 January 2021. You can apply for the new UK issued EHIC here.

The S1 form is a document that will allow you as a pensioner to request access to the Spanish healthcare system. The application form (S1 form) is provided by the Overseas Healthcare Services from the NHS. The form, as well as more information, can be requested by phone at:

NHS Overseas Healthcare Services
Telephone: +44 (0)191 218 1999
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Saturday, 9am to 3pm

This service includes:

  • 30 min consultation
  • registration for the S1
  • filing required forms with the Spanish Social Security office

Select package rate for number of people in your family or group requiring this service


Related Gestoria Services